From the beginning of time...
Tuesday, March 22, 2011, 8:19 AM

Ever since I was born...ah. Let's skip this part, I can't remember it anyway.

Let's start from primary school, shall we? It is 2001. The early dawn of the twenty-first century, I was in some primary school in Yishun because my parents couldn't find me a school that was near (Don't ask me why, I can't remember either). In that school, I was happy, I had a certain degree of freedom as I could go out for a little bit. My classmates were nice and I was better than them in studies (I think). That gave me some confidence, I knew I could be successful, I knew I could be better than most people in the world (Just kidding, I was 6).

I had a few good friends in that school, but being the person I was, I did not keep any contacts. Looking forward to life, I was.

My dad finally got me a place in Marsiling Primary School, which was fairly close to my house. I moved to the school during the June holidays. The school was still under renovation then, we had container classrooms in the field. The container classrooms were super fun, it felt like you were living in a kampung, once you go out, everyone was playing all sorts of games.
I was in 1d (XD awesome memory), didn't know anyone. That didn't affect me at all, I eventually ended up knowing a lot of people haha. 

There was this kid, Xin Loon (I think >.< bad at names), he had a heart disease and frequently ended up in hospitals for surgeries. I was the more responsible and by-the-book child then, the form teacher got me to take care of him. We had fun, though I must admit, I did not treat him like a friend much; most of it were due to him being frequently not in class, I couldn't know him better.

There was this kid named Sky (Again, I think), he was mischievous and outgoing, I was reserved and an introvert. He was cool, I wasn't. The wants of a young child is to be seen as cool, I guess, and I wanted to be like him. Haha, a little bit like him.

I was good in Chinese then, I was in the 彩虹 group in the class. My memory fades, but I remember there wasn't any difference whether or not you were in it. I sucked at english, though I managed to get a B, my standard wasn't there. Math, was easy, my dad basically tutored me, from kindergarden, I could memorise the multiplication table pretty early on.

You'd think I was top of the class, think again, and again. I was 4-5th I think >.< There was this girl, however, who was top in class for every subject (Like Fiona XP). Jia yi, that was her name, she pwned everyone in class and I was bitter of it. I wanted to be in her place, but I never got there lol.

Primary one passed and primary two came. There were a few changes. Xin Loon had died of his heart disease, and even though I didn't do a whole lot as a friend, I was one of the few that he wrote letters to during his time in the hospital. In the letter he wrote of me as a hero, haha, reminding me of times where I brought him to the library to surf the internet. In the last sentence, he wrote something like "Will you see me again? Yes.". Sadly, his wish didn't come true. I cried that day, along with the whole class...

I hope you weren't crying, if not, here's a tissue.

Oh, by the way, Jia yi transferred to another school. Sad.

A few year passed, and primary three came. I was promoted to the top class. 3F. The second was E, A was last...yeah, Marsiling's arrangement is weird. There I met my buddies and close friends for years to come. Shall I introduce them to you now?

Let's start with Silas. I met him during primary two, he reminded me once some time ago. He was plump, polite, good willed and smart. He liked science, astronomy and technology. He was a prefect (I wanted to be one lol, but the teachers just did not give me the chance).

Then there was Brandon. I called him Brandy, a fancy nickname that was, I guess, fun to say (Like Xien Diooonnnggg). He was smart, sharp, and extremely polite and respectful to teachers. A prefect, he was, with perfect uniform and greeted every single teacher that came his way.

Victor, another prefect, yet again. He was too, smart and he was exceptionally good in english. He corrected my grammar and pronunciation mistakes (words like recipe and receipt). He like literature, or else his english wouldn't be that amazingly good. A hard worker too, he was.

The three of them, were rivals, models and people whom I came to learn from, have fun with and respect. They taught me the basics of respect, courtesy and being a good friend... How did I know they were good friends? Well, they could endure all my lame jokes XD. Just kidding.

There was Wei Hao. I would say he was another important milestone in my life. Before I knew him, I was really soft spoken. He was the one who told me how to speak, talk to others. He taught me to open up myself, instead of keeping everything to myself. He was outgoing, extremely sociable and funny. His EQ, I presume, is off the charts. He could talk to girls and played with them, before any of the other boys did. And to think we teased him for it.

(If you guys haven't realised, I have not made a single female friend up to now)

Samuel was another good friend. He was a bit naughty, but he knew what he had to do to keep up with his studies. He was not the top few in class, but a good friend to be around and talk with. He was the one who included me in his games, even though I sucked, and still do, at sports. Block catching games were exhilarating...

The five of them, made up my group of friends, for now.

Chinese class were...fun? Daunting to me at first though. This was because we had to sit together with girls in pairs. I was terrified to talk to girls x.x, it took me some time to get used to. Natasha sat with me for the first year. She was the head prefect, outgoing, directional, direct and forward looking. She knew what she was doing and how she wanted. To me, it felt like the roles of stereotypical males and females had switched.

The next year came and I made more friends. Primary school was still whole lot of fun. I took most of my time reading books (The Animorphs) and watching television (7am natural alarm clock just in time for weekend shows). I made some new friends. Si Weid Bo Cheng (Darn it, he changed his name to this after primary school, now I fail to recall). They were cool, funny, funny.

The next person who sat beside me was Beverly. She was a bit different from Natasha. One, she was really sweet. Two, she talked to me and I actually replied. She was still very outgoing too. Haha, my world seems to be filled with outgoing girls.

Primary five and six came and went. We studied, we had fun, we grew up. Our class went from F to A. The school finally decided that the current ranking system didn't make sense and changed it. Hui Jun was the next girl who sat beside me for Higher Chinese class...we didn't talk much then.

In and out, my chinese went from good to bad in primary three :/
My english got better.
I fell in love with science (esp biology. Hmm...maybe I should have taken bio)
My math still remained the same thanks to dad.

I got 9th in school for PSLE. 10th was Hui Jun.
1st was Brandon. 2nd was Victor. 4th/5th was Silas. 7th/8th was Bo Cheng and Si Wei. You could say I didn't work as hard as I could have during primary school, but I was still diligent.
That is how...I ended up in Nan Hua High School. During the holidays, I got addicted with MMORPGs and talked on msn with Hui Jun a lot more...(We actually filled the chat messages recording log LOL. Just friends...don't think too much)

End of 13 years of my life.



Something about myself: I'm somewhat numb to emotions
Credits: layout coded by midnightowls.